Worked from the cuff down, these socks feature a simple centred lace stitch pattern enhanced by stitches knitted through the back loop on the next row.
Using only very basic stitches, the pattern is an easy-to-follow knit. It features a reinforced Eye of Partridge flap heel.
- You need to be able to communicate in English. I’ll only host one test thread for each new pattern, merging English and French versions of the pattern. In order to have everyone understanding everything and allow anyone to register, we need to write our posts in English.
- You will get a beta version of the pattern and a deadline. Please do not share the pattern with anyone else. This is not a secret test, you’re very welcome to share what you’re working on with the world. If you do so, don’t forget to tag me as indicated in the presentation opposite.
- All discussions will be held in Slack. You’ll get both a PDF version of the pattern and a Word version of the pattern which will be our working copy of the pattern. You do not need to have MS Word to participate to the test as the file is hosted by me but you need to know how to comment a file to give me your feedback.
- In order for the test to go smoothly both for you and me, I’ll need to track your progress along the way. Please let us know when you reach the stages described in the opposite requirements section.
- Once all the stages described in the Mandatory section are done, you’ll be marked as “Finished”. You’ll get the pattern for free in your Ravelry library upon publication.
- If you managed to also do the Optional stages, you’ll get a coupon code valid in my Ravelry store without expiration date for one extra free pattern.
- If you’re not done by the test deadline date, but you’ve participated along the way, that’s fine. Then you’ll still get a copy of the pattern for your library, but no coupon code for another.
- If you have taken the test and not participated in the KAL along the way, do not finish by the deadline and do not post your project to the pattern page, well, that’s not really in the spirit so you will not be asked to participate again, your Slack account will be deactivated and will not have a copy of the pattern in your library
Start date : Dec 14th
Deadline: Jan 31st
Sizes: S [M, L] to fit foot circumferences of 19-21 [21-23, 23-25] cm / 7 ½-8 ¼ [8 ¼-9, 9-9⅞]”.
Difficulty: Intermediate. You need to know how to knit a vanilla sock really basic lace techniques.
Sharing: This is not a secret test, you’re very welcome to share what you’re working on with the world. If you do so, don’t forget to tag me @tisserin_coquet and/or use the hashtags #tisserincoquet #vanneriesocks #promenadesvol1
- Mandatory : pattern downloaded; for both socks: leg, heel, bind-off.
- Optional (to get an extra free pattern): Ravelry project page created and linked to the pattern page using the test code, at least one picture added to the project page.
Yarn & Notions
Yarn weight & length: 380-400 m / 416-437 yds of fingering yarn.
The lace pattern will be enhanced by (semi-)solid yarns.
Needles & Notions:
- 2.5 mm / US #1
- 1 stitch marker
- 1 tapestry needle
See above for any details about the test rules and the test details. If you agree with them, fill in the form below to apply to the test.
Thank you again for joining in the test. It would really help us if you could fill in the test feeback form below
For all the scale questions: 1 = not satisfied at all; 2 = not satisfied; 3 = neutral; 4 = satisfied; 5 = very satisfied.