- You need to be able to communicate in English. I’ll only host one test thread for each new pattern, merging English and French versions of the pattern. In order to have everyone understanding everything and allow anyone to register, we need to write our posts in English.
- You will get an beta version of the pattern and a deadline. Please do not share the pattern with anyone else. Sometimes a test knit needs to be super secret and neither I or you will be allowed to share pictures of WIPs or FOs before the pattern release day. Otherwise, you’re very welcome to share what you’re working on with the world. If you do so, don’t forget to tag me as indicated in the presentation opposite.
- The test deadline will be close to the release date of the pattern (think around two weeks prior to it).
- In order for the test to go smoothly both for you and me, I’ll need to track your progress along the way. Please let us know when you reach the stages described in the opposite requirements section.
- Once all the stages described in the Mandatory section are done, you’ll be marked as “Finished”.You’ll get the pattern for free in your Ravelry library upon publication.
- If you managed to also do the Optional stages, you’ll get a coupon code valid in my Ravelry store without expiration date for one extra free pattern.
- If you’re not done by the test deadline date, but you’ve participated along the way, that’s fine. Then you’ll still get a copy of the pattern for your library, but no coupon code for another.
- If you have taken the test and not participated in the KAL along the way, do not finish by the deadline and do not post your project to the pattern page, well, that’s not really in the spirit so you will not be asked to participate again,your Slack account will be deactivated and will not have a copy of the pattern in your library.
Start date : July 11th
Deadline: August 28th
Sizes: Baby [Toddler, Child, Adult XS] [Adult S, Adult M, Adult L] to fit head circumference of 41 [44, 48, 52] [56, 58.5, 60.5] cm / 16 [17.5, 19, 20.5] [22, 23, 24]”
Difficulty: Advanced. You need to know how to knit two-coloured brioche in the round.
Sharing: This is not a secret test, if you share pictures on IG, please tag #tisserincoquet and #calissonhat in the pictures.
- Mandatory : pattern downloaded; brim; body (sections 1-3); top; blocked; feedback form filled out.
- Optional (to get an extra free pattern): Ravelry project page created and linked to the pattern page using the test code, pictures of the finished and worn hat.
IMPORTANT NOTE: We had a discrepancy between the gauge and the calculated sizes so checking the fit and filling in the feecback form will be critical for this one.
Yarn & Notions
Yarn weight: (heavy) fingering / light sport.
I used Le Chat qui Tricote Doucette (80% merino, 10% cashmere, 10% nylon – 400 m / 465 yds & 100 g per skein), in Bonton de rose (pink, MC) and Café Crème (beige, CC). My constrast is very light ob the pink sample but you can achieve a more dramatic look if you have more differences between your yarns as in the purple sample.
- Main Colour (MC) = 55 [72, 88, 110] [120, 150, 154] m / 35 [45, 57, 70] [76, 99, 102] yds
- Contrasting Colour (CC) = 60 [79, 96, 120] [131, 164, 168] m / 38 [49, 62, 77] [83, 108, 112] yds
Needles & Notions:
- Circular needle, double-pointed needles, or your preferred needles to work in the round:
- 1 set of 3.00 mm / US #3
- 2 sets of 3.25 mm / US #4
- 1 stitch marker;
- 1 small strand of waste yarn
- 1 tapestry needle.
Thank you again for joining in the test. It would really help us if you could fill in the test feeback form below
For all the scale questions: 1 = not satisfied at all; 2 = not satisfied; 3 = neutral; 4 = satisfied; 5 = very satisfied.